Here is your marriage public service announcement for the day: Have some fun! That’s right, fun. When was the last time you laughed together? When was the last time you can honestly say you had fun? Let’s set aside the idea of you two rolling in the sheets for just a moment and focus on good clean fun. If you haven’t laughed and enjoyed yourselves lately, make plans to do so. Here are a few tips.
TRY SOMETHING NEW
Think outside of the box for a moment. Yes, your usual plan of taking your Beloved to Olive Garden is a good one but we’re going for memorable fun and a jolly good time here. Here are a few things to consider, just for kicks and giggles.
- Pottery Class – making and painting your own ceramic can be quite comical
- Dance Lessons – learning to waltz can impress your spouse or send you home with a great story of their two left feet. Either way, you won’t soon forget it.
- Take a drawing class together from YouTube – just create some happy little trees…. or are those rocket ships? who knows, and who cares! have fun
TRY SOME LIGHT HEARTED COMPETITION
The key to having fun during competition is make having fun the priority over winning. If you winning is more important than having a wonderful time with your spouse, another blog will be needed to address that! Try these ideas:
- Bowling – trust me, you’ve forgotten how bad you were at such a simple game
- Putt Putt – there’s always that one hole where you’ll just pick it up and move on! Give each other grace and let them cheat! It’s for fun, not for prizes.
- Board Games or Cards – Get together with another couple and share the fun
TRY BEING KIDS AGAIN
- Fingerpaint! – go ahead, make a mess
- Fly a Kite – pick out some fun kites and sail them “up to the highest heights!”
- Watergun Fight – have water guns filled and ready for when your spouse arrives and challenge them to a duel
The point is, every marriage needs some fun and some levity. Make it happen. Keep the spark alive and laugh often.